H is for Hotel

I, Jim, had the pleasure to visit a fine hotel one morning, yet it was not so fine to me. This may turn into a rant about hotels so reader beware.

The aroma of expensive yet minimal servings of, as they call it, “high quality food” lingered in the air. Sanded wood encircled the lobby with countless portraits placed to somehow alleviate the stress of their guests. One such portrait of red roses held many guests prisoner to the majestic swirls and curves carefully crafted onto that canvas. At the desk of the concierge, from my old eyesight, I observed a few men grouped together eagerly discussing all the money they made from merely tips. A disgusting site for some as guests loathed having these beggars persistently annoy them to get change for a meager chore.  This could be seen from the expressions on their countenance displaying disapproval.

Now here comes the sick part. A man, probably married with kids, in an Easter Bunny outfit sneaked out of a changing room and hid from the craze of the children who were present. The lobby was filled entirely with the bodies of children caressing the wooded walls.

It seemed as if these children were chanting some benediction in unison, “We want the Easter Bunny!”

Some chocolate treats had been left, unguarded, hidden on couches and on the edges of lamps for children to find. This very idea was the sole reason children woke up so early, to stuff themselves with sugar. Chocolate; its aroma began to mask the food and an overwhelming, somewhat nauseous, smell filled the lobby. A white blurb scurried across the lobby and the children shrieked in excitement. Age had surpassed all of the parents there and the realization of this deception was common. However, this trickery still held numerous numerous children in captivity while the parents were forced to follow in suite.

The costume of the Easter Bunny, which one would believe to be somewhat cute, had a devilish grin and sinister eyes that scared off a few children. Some chubbier children, however, gobbled down their chocolate treats as soon as they had the eggs in their grasp. Although these eggs were cheap and inexpensive- the Dollar Store- it gave great enthusiasm to all who were present. Even some adults, majority who were men, slid a few eggs hastily into their pockets to be eaten afterwards.

The Easter Bunny leaves, full of sweat and triumph, and so do all the children.

L is for Lavatory

I headed off to the theaters in order to relieve the stress of the day and let me tell you, dear reader, this day had only just begun.

The movie had begun and the sounds of “Shh” filled the auditorium. Children who had been wailing were either forcibly silenced, child abuse, or taken out of the theater. Jim looked with envy at the couples who were snuggling together before the movie even started.

“You people make me sick!”

“Excuse me! At least we have someone,” a stocky man exclaims.

A few seats ahead and behind me burst into laughter or echoed, “OOOOOO.” This left me in silence, so I continued to eat the stale popcorn offered at these theaters.

“This food is TRASH!” I realized that I said my thoughts out loud.

“You are trash! Hey you can’t complain buddy, what do you think this is, some fine dining!” shouted some oddly chubby man pigging out on his nachos.

“ How about you lose some weight fatty, that’s what I think it is!”

Now the tumult of laughter vibrated incessantly throughout the auditorium. An older lady stood up with her husband ans seemed frustrated with all the commotion.

“She gave off a loud shriek, “Someone oughta put you young BRATS in a mental hospital!”

“Someone oughta put you in a box buried six feet in the ground GRANDMA!”

The chaos died down and now I was given looks of anger and shame. A few men began to rise, so I fled to my only space of solitary in times like these, the washroom. I rushed into one of the stalls and shut the door behind me. Realizing that I hadn’t been followed, relief flowed through me, and I felt indignant at the actions of these “Civil” folk.

Then, suddenly, a familiar smell coated my lungs, and I began to gag. Somebody had been using the stall beside me and let me say one thing, he surely wasn’t farting out a bunch of roses thats for sure. The sound vibrated through the washroom and the smell equally as horrid.

“ Lay off the beans! Your mother never told you to hold in the ol’ rooster. Come on, have some shame man! My brother takes a dump quieter than you!”

My commentary could be heard from my neighboring stall because I heard the toilet flush. The man started banging on my door, and when I peered through the cracks in the stalls I could see him butt naked.

Then my mouth went off on one of its rampages again. “Your bottom’s saggier than my grandfathers and he’s 72.”

This only angered the man even more so he began doing the unthinkable – he began to do his business on my stall.

Q is for Quay

The terrible day has not ceased to exist so I, yet to find it, go down by the river. A song plays over in my head, and I gently hum to its tune hoping to find some tranquility. Then, a child appears, with his parents nearby, and rushes towards the water. His eyes were in search of something, and I could see him comparing his innocence to that of the waters.

From above this river, all that can be seen is its reflective beauty whereas underneath lays an abundance of secrets. Only the reflection of lies are seen and the child’s expression is smudged when looked upon.

The giver and taker of life meets with an essence of life itself. It can both breed and shatter illusions as its palms caress those of a child’s. A rivers age and loss of innocence; the juxtaposition between them is unimaginable yet cannot be seen.

Birds soar above through the gentle breeze while water splashes from the kid below.

The smell of wood burning with smoke escaping its grasp. This child is not the same and wishes to be submerged by the ocean’s beauty.

Illusions last temporarily and this terrible day may not have been so bad. I have much less to recite as my eyes begin to close from the peace I find in my soul.

Featured Image(Representative of the day): https://giphy.com/gifs/fail-pool-falls-24MlC0gDHUAKY