Life during childbirth had left me in tears, yet joy and love had appeared to be reflected from my parent’s eyes.

I grew. I was showered with love. I loved my entry into this world.

Philosophy, Love, Family, Curiosity

I was fed with an occasional lie, to create an illusion of my inclusion with the others.

My heart wished to be caressed; to be wanted. This process repeated itself years on end.

My marks arrived at my doorstep, and it felt as if I had been shot by a madman.

Philosophy, Love, Family, Curiosity

Amidst this chaos, it was I who had been seen struggling to escape this cycle while others, unknowingly, had gradually been casted away from academics

They made me feel worthless to feed their insecurity, but it was I who had climbed the fine thread to safety.

Philosophy, Love, Family, Curiosity

Upon my final race to paradise, a few others pursued with me in unison; we were built on the same vision.

My life changed and it seemed irreversible.

Philosophy, Love, Family, Curiosity

Now, suddenly, the world told me one of its secrets. Mere seconds hold infinite possibilities.

Miracles surrounded by miracles, now, began to flash by my eyes. Neurons in my brain that were previously asleep, wandering aimlessly, began following a rhythm.

This music and melody that I possess from within is the honey to my naked soul.

Now, there is one more reason to observe; one more reason to question.

Philosophy, Love, Family, Curiosity

Tomorrow my mind will appear to be unorganized tangled webs; however:
One clear look will allow one to see the viability within these knots
One clear look shall reveal the beauty of these scattered thoughts
One clear look and there shall lay his true purpose in life
What is the purpose of this boy’s life?

I will soon find out…

Related image 

This poem is me taking all of my beliefs and core values while writing it onto this page-word by word- to show who I really am. My inspiration to write this is my increasing interest in the fundamental aspects of life that exists around me. As I mentioned in the poem, there was a period in my life where I wanted to fit in with the rest of my friends. This was during Grade 6, and at the end of the year my marks had plummeted to a point where I was next to failing my final exams, including my P.A.T’s. From then on, I worked exceptionally hard just to increase my marks so that they would be closer to the 70’s. Consequently, as I finished Grade 9, I had an average somewhere near the low 90’s which was a substantial improvement for myself.

When I look back at my progress, I still cannot imagine myself being in such a desperate situation only 4 years back. Now, I look to the world of philosophy to answer my questions, as they are the only questions that I cannot find answers too. Maybe my past experience is why today I always ask questions to my teachers, rational or not, and never lose my passion. “Who am I, I am Whom” has been my photographs that I kept of me, since grade 6, till today. The lines that were repeated in this poem, “Philosophy, Love, Family, Curiosity” were the four core values that are of high priority in my life. The only way for one to learn from their mistakes, is to actually make some, and I love how this poem highlights my flaws while turning them into my successes.

Citations:

Brain Neurons:https://giphy.com/gifs/harvard-brain-neuron-9N2UvCx7wXLnG

Brain: https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/news/a20409/creative-block-just-apply-electrical-shocks/